Let us take you along all functionalities of the Asset Manager
Navigating within the Asset Manager
Navigate through the Asset Manager by using the search bar, the suggested tags, or the filter panel.
Using the search bar
Simply type your search suggestion in the search bar, it automatically suggests related tags that are in the system. By clicking the tag, theAsset Manager automatically gives you a new view with all the assets that have that specific tag attached to it.
If it doesn’t suggest any tags for your search suggestion, your search can still be valuable, as the search bar can also search based on filename, meta-data, content in a document (such as word/pdf), and more.
Using the suggested tags
Once you select a tag, it is highlighted in your companies’ color. Suggested tags that are not yet selected for the search, are still in grey. By clicking on an extra tag that is not selected, you can further narrow down your search. By clicking on the x button of an already selected tag, you can delete the tag and broaden up your search.
Using the filter panel
For other ways to search through the asset manager, take a look at the filter panel on the left.
Step 1: Click on show filters
Step 2: Choose one or more filters to narrow down your search
If you like to see/use a specific asset, simply click on it to get a preview of that asset. In the right bottom corner, you can click “all detail” to get more details of the asset, such as General info, versions/variants, tags, planning, protection, and metadata.
Asset preview –all details
For more detailed information on this asset, such as the tags that are linked to the asset or the metadata, navigate to the preferred topic.
Asset actions buttons
In the right upper corner you can find all actions you can execute on an asset From left to right:
1. Find a similar image with 'artificial intelligence' (based on the visual aspect of the asset)
2. Send a message about an asset
3. Add asset to a collection
4. Download an asset
5. Share an asset with someone external
6. Crop an image
7. Edit an asset
8. Delete an asset
Do you have fewer options than stated above? This is likely due to the role and rights linked to your account. For example, the administrator could determine that not all users should be able to delete an asset.
1. This action button will show you an overview with similar images based on the visual aspect of the image. Artificial intelligence is used to search throughout the whole asset manager and show you the images that in someway look like the image you selected.
2. If you want to send a message about an asset to other users, press the message button. In the next screen, you can select if the message should be sent to an individual user or a group of users. Then, select all the user(s)/group(s) you would like to send a message to, and type a message in the message box below. By clicking next you can send the message.
The receivers of your message will get a notification in the upper left corner of Lytho. By clicking on the notification icon, they will be able to view your message.
3. Adding an asset to a collection can be done in different ways. One of the options is via the detail view in the asset manager. This action button will open up a new window with all the existing collections. You will be able to choose which collection you want to add this asset to.
4. Downloading the asset via the detail view is quite easy. If configured, you might be able to even choose the output format of the image.
5. If you want to share an asset externally, click on the share button. With this option, you can share an asset with someone outside of the platform by generating an URL-link or sending it to their e-mail. The receiver will be able to see and/or download the asset by following the URL link in their web browser.
- May the receiver download the assets that you’re sharing? Then check the first box. If you leave the box unchecked, they will only be able to see the assets in their web browser.
- Should the assets only temporarily be available? Schedule a validity date. If not, schedule the validity date far in the future.
- Do you want to add a message to the receiver? You can add a message to the receiver in the message box.
- Prefer sharing assets via another platform? You can create a shareable link (for example if you like to share assets over another platform such as Slack or Whatsapp) or choose to send an e-mail directly.
6. Images can be cropped within lytho with the cropping tool. Set your desired dimensions or cut out what you like the best visually.
7. If allowed, you can edit the assets' tags, description, visibility dates, and permissions.
8. Deleting as an asset. Note: This action is permanent. The asset will only be recoverable for a few seconds.
Of course, many of the actions of an asset can also be executed for multiple assets at the same time. For example, instead of sharing one asset, you can also share a bunch of assets.
There are three ways of selecting multiple assets in the asset manager. The first way to select assets is by using the checkboxes on the upper left corner of an asset. Another easy way to select multiple assets is by quickly combining a left mouse button click with a dragging movement of your cursor. Like selecting multiple files in your file-explorer or finder. Finally, if you want to select all assets in the asset manager, simply combine ctrl + a.
When you have multiple assets selected, a taskbar appears in the bottom right corner.
In the top left of the taskbar, you can see how many assets you have selected at that moment. If you like to de-select this set of assets, simply click the x-button in the left upper corner. To improve your view, you can expand or shrink the taskbar with the arrow button in the right upper corner.
Furthermore, the taskbar shows a few actions that you can take with this set of assets. We will highlight these actions one by one. Again, depending on your user role and rights within the platform, the action buttons on the taskbar might be limited.
Taskbar - Collections
The first action button is the ability to put a selection of assets in a collection. A collection is a bunch of assets that have been grouped together. You can choose to create a new collection for your current selection of assets, or you can add them to an already existing collection.
Taskbar - Tags
Action button 2 is for managing the tags. It first shows the tags that are linked to all four selected assets, then the tags that are also linked to one or some of the selected assets but not linked to all four selected assets, and finally all other tags in the system that are not linked to any of these four selected assets but which you could add.
You can use the scrollbar to scroll down and find more tags, or you can use the search bar if there is a specific tag that you’re searching for. You can also remove the link between a tag and an asset by using the x-button on the highlighted tags.
Action button 3 is Planning, which allows you to limit the visibility or usability of an asset based on time. For example, if certain assets may only be used within a certain timeframe, you can set the publish date between the 1st and 30th of June, so these assets can only be used between the 1st and 30th of June. Another example, if certain assets may only be available from a certain date or until a certain date, then you can set the visibility date from/to 12th of July. You can clear a selection with the button in the bottom right corner.
Action button 4 is the ability to link permissions with an asset. This way, you can make sure that not every user is able to see an asset. For example, employees of department X should not be bothered with irrelevant assets of department Y. Linking and unlinking permissions with assets goes the same way as in the tags section.
In the right upper corner, you can find more action buttons.
1. Internal chat functionality (as described before)
2. Relate assets to each other for quick access
3. Download selection of assets
4. Share selection of assets external
5. Delete a selection of assets